Funds to assist with different needs may be available through our office.
Funding and programs change, so please contact us at 419-352-7566 or 1-888-282-1118 for current information.
You may also see an agency staff member on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or by appointment if you work or attend school during these times. You must call ahead for an appointment.
Please note - only basic information about each program is listed below - there are additional requirements and factors that can affect eligibility such as income, assets, employment, sanctions etc.
Emergency Assistance programs may include:
Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC)
- Assistance for adults who have the legal and physical custody of minor children
- Must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level for family size
- Assistance includes:
Rent/Mortgage: eviction or foreclosure notice required; past month’s rent (never current or upcoming)
First month’s rent and security deposit: must provide verification of homelessness
Vehicle repair: only for those employed or attending Work Activities through WCDJFS;
Title, registration, insurance and valid driver’s license required
Utility Program: Electric, natural gas, propane, alternative heating source and water/sewer; must use other available utility programs first, HEAP, EHEAP and Ohio Fuel Fund; bills must be in applicant(s) name and directly through company
Ohio Fuel Fund (OFF)
Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP)
- Electric bill assistance for households with Toledo Edison service
- Must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level for household size
based on availability of funding -
419-352-7566 or 1-888-282-1118 for funding status
- Rental assistance for adults without children
- Funding is limited and available for only part of the year
- Assistance with past month’s rent or first month’s rent (no security deposits)
- Must provide eviction notice or verification of homelessness
AEP Neighbor to Neighbor Program
- Electric bill assistance for households with AEP service.
- Must be at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty for household size.