Currently, our lobby is closed.
Use the drop box or email to transmit documents to the office for public assistance clients.  All others should call the office before coming in for instructions.
If you need to email documents, please forward them to the  *This is the only email address to be used to email all documents.

Protective Services Hotline: 419-354-9669   JFS Office: 419-352-7566   Call Center: 1-844-640-OHIO

To report suspected Fraud: Please contact Wood County Job and Family Services at 419-373-6964 or 419-373-6950, or Online at:

COVID-19 Housing and Utility Assistance

The Wood County Department of Job and Family Services will be assisting Wood County households whose employment has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Assistance will be provided with up to $1,000 for households without children and up to $2,000 for households with children. The assistance will be paid directly to the household’s landlord or mortgage company and utility companies. Requests for assistance will be accepted starting Monday, April 13, 2020.


Assistance is provided on a first-come/first-serve basis. To qualify, applicants must state that they may fall behind on housing or utility payments due to a layoff from employment, reduction in work hours or income or loss of an offer of employment due to the COVID-19 crisis. Households must have a current gross monthly income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. For a household of one, this is about $2,100 or less per month. For a family of 4, this about $4,300 or less. The income amount varies based on family size.

Applications will be completed by phone interview. Required documentation may include leases, mortgage statements, and current utility bills. All documentation may be submitted by mail, email or fax following the interview. Paper applications will not be available at this time as the lobby of the agency is closed to the public.

Those in need may request assistance by calling WCDJFS at 419-373-6987 or by completing the request form below. Callers will need to leave a message including their name and phone number. Requests will be processed in the order received. The program will continue until funds are exhausted or by order of the agency director.

Contact us for Housing and Utility Assistance