OhioMeansJobs Wood County is here to help you find the right job! Whether you are unemployed and need support finding a job, or you want a new job with better pay, hours, or flexibility, our available resources will support your search.
MSSC – Manufacturing Skills Standard Council
MSSC stands for Manufacturing Skill Standards Council. It is an industry-led, training, assessment and certification system focused on core skills and knowledge needed by production workers. The MSSC System is designed from industry-defined and federally-endorsed standards, and offers both entry-level and incumbent workers the opportunity to demonstrate acquired skills needed in todays technology-intensive manufacturing environment. Our last MSSC program included:
- Training for 8 weeks
- Students were in the classroom in the mornings and trained in:
- Manufacturing Processes and Production
- Quality Practices and Measurement
- Maintenance Awareness
- Students spent the afternoons in a paid work experience with employers
For more information regarding this program please contact Mary DeWitt at email@example.com
Check out our Job Seekers Page to find out more about our support services and how we can help you in your employment search.
At OhioMeansJobs Wood County, job seekers have access to:
- Full Resource room with access to computers and office equipment
- Career counselors to help with your job search activities
- Job-related workshops
- Supportive services
- Individual training
- Priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses
We can assist job seekers through OhioMeansJobs.com, an online job matching system that brings both employers and job seekers to one easy-to-use website.
OhioMeansJobs Wood County offers employers programs to help find good employees, funds job training to improve the quality of Wood County’s workforce, and offers you the opportunity to have us post your job openings on OhioMeansJobs.com. Check out the Employers Page to find out more or contact us today.